Pepto and testing ?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Pepto and testing ?

Postby hledgess » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

As most of you know if you have been following my post.. I've been having a lot of symptoms for about two weeks .. I stopped questran for about 5 days and just took levsin and a lot of pepto .. I was told by a nurse that it wouldn't effect it so I don't think about drinking half a bottle a day and when I tested positive the other two times I was also on a lot of pepto.. however there's a Facebook group admin and contributors that insist I will test negative bc of taking so much pepto ..and sent a link with it that I can't really understand .. so now I am worried that even it's negative that it is not accurate .. does anyone know anything about this? Drs have told you or lab has told you? Or personal experience of testing positive while on soo much of it .. the tests my dr always orders are the PCR of that matters ..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pepto and testing ?

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

I have tested positive on lots of Pepto more than once.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 am

For a peace of mind , you can stop the Pepto for a day or two and ask to be retested.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:36 am

They won't retest .. I called to ask if the dr knew anything n he said he's never heard of that affecting it .. so I'm just going to try n believe it's really negative .. thanks guys.. hoping things improve for me.. I'll start back on questran now that testing is over

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 am

Glad it was negative!! You even said you've tested positive before on Pepto so I'd trust the test!! Happy for you and hope you feel better!

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks!!! I'm trying to trust it haha .. I don't think I've taken the xtra strength before but I'm sure it's fine.. I just had pencil him stool for two days so that freaks me out .. n I know I know keep my nose out of the toilet.. but that's hard!!!

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Now if I could have a regular bowel movement and not thin like a pencil or Diarrhea!! So frustrating

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”