Question

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
m60
New User

Question

Postby m60 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 pm

I just came off a long period of antibiotic treatment for H pylori that took me a year to finally test negative. Since the last round of antibiotics I've had constant diarrhea and lower back pain. My family doctor put me on 7 Days a flagyl. And stools now have shape put when flush they fall apart. I have not been tested yet. How long after antibiotic. Thanks

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question

Postby amyc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:59 pm

First, the seven days of flagyl might not be enough to cure C diff. Most doctors prescribe at least 10 days of flagyl, with 14 days becoming more common these days. Second, I am glad the flagyl has reduced your symptoms. BM descriptions and questions should be placed in the TMI section from now on. I'm sore a moderator will be along soon to give you the official welcome and more information.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the firs forum for all new posters

Unless you were tested for CDIFF, there is no way to know if you have it. It's not clear why you were not tested and just treated. Now that you are currently on Flagyl, it's not possible to test.
Antibiotics can cause diarrhea and this is not always CDIFF. Check back with your physician on this, I think it's worth a call especially after dealing with H Pylori for so long

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

m60
New User

Postby m60 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I started having bad cramping in left side today. Is this healing.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:43 am

It can be inflammation, gas, healing, lots of things. If it continues, check with your doctor.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:24 am

You shouldn't get treated for Cdiff without a test to confirm it's presence. If I were you I would get tested now (even though you are already taking Flagyl) and then I would submit another test two weeks after Flagyl is finished to see if Cdiff is really the cause of your symptoms or it's just disbacteriosis created by the antibiotics you had for H.pylori.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”