Appearance of diarrhea?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
dignan
New User

Appearance of diarrhea?

Postby dignan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Without getting into great detail I believe I may have a C diff infection caused by antibiotic use back in early Nov 2016. I've been suffering serious gas and watery diarrhea(interspersed with occasional regular stool) over that time.

I've done a ton of things to help heal my gut and intestines, but when I read about C diff I thought, wow those symptoms sound familiar.

My main issue is cramping and watery diarrhea. I've had internal hemorrhoids too but believe that's a completely separate condition. Originally I thought they were connected.

My question is, I know what regular diarrhea can be, but what is the appearance of C diff diarrhea? Mine is clear with possible orange/brown/red tinges. Mine is more mucus than brown etc. Is C diff diarrhea this way, as I have to relieve myself 10+ times a day. Lots of gas(an unbelievable amount throughout the day and evening.)

Usually the gas is expelled at the same time as the clear/water diarrhea.

Any help is appreciated.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Appearance of diarrhea?

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi Dignan - Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information and rules of posting. If you have TMI type of posts, please put them in the TMI section in the future.

It sounds as if you may have c difficile, but the only way to know for sure is to test. I suggest that you go and see a GI and go over your history and present symptoms. A GI can run the tests and also look into other things that may be causing your ongoing symptoms.

dignan
New User

Postby dignan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks Beth,

I had read through the post previously, but I guess I didn't think my question was TMI but I suppose it is. What question about C diff isn't TMI I guess.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 am

At this point I'd worry less about TMI and more about getting tested after all this time.
There's a chance it's IBS or IBD, but it certainly sounds suspicious for c diff. Whatever it is you should see a GI dr right away.

Rita

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”