Pain

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Will4658
Brand New Poster

Pain

Postby Will4658 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi my name is Bill I was diagnosed with c diff infection Thursday and have a few questions. One is it suppose to hurt your stomach Every time I eat. 2 how long does it take for recovery and. Is it normal to be cold

Will4658
Brand New Poster

Re: Pain

Postby Will4658 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Also I'm currently still in the hospital and was curious maybe how long I will be in here they have me in isolation and when I do go home do they give you anything to reduce the pain or do I just have to deal with it this has me very nervous cuz I've been reading up on this and they say that you could die from it and I'm just curious of a lot of things someone please explain this to me

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Bill and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information. I would not worry about dying. You are in the hospital and are being taken care of. What medication are they giving you? Pain is normal for many people. If whatever they are giving you is not controlling the pain, you need to tell the doctor. Usually after the meds kick in to suppress the c difficile, the pain lessens. Are you still having D?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Will

Sorry you are going through this. Talk with your MD at the hospital and ask how long they may keep you. It depends on so many factors. While there they should be able to help with pain control.
Hopefully the medication for CDIFF will also help with the pain and also you should notice a decrease in diarrhea,
As far as how long it last, everyone is different. Some get one round of medication and do well.

Wishing you the best
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:56 am

Once the treatment kicks in you should feel better GI wise and pain should be under control. You can experience some cramps and discomfort during treatment but it should be mild and tolerable. If you have a complicated Cdiff case with pseudomembraneous colitis , it will take longer for the pain to subside. Don't think about dying , Cdiff is a nasty infection,but kills only when it's left untreated for a long time.
Recovery from Cdiff is individual , some people get well faster then others , 70% get better after the first course of meds , while other are experiencing several relapses but in the end we all recover.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:17 am

I just wanted to add that it is also normal to feel cold. When I had c-diff, I felt extremely cold to the point of shivering, and I didn't even have a fever. I think it's just your body reacting to the infection. What you are experiencing are all normal symptoms of c-diff. Hopefully the meds will start to work soon. Even though you may feel better, try to stick to a bland diet as it can take some time for your gut to recover and adjust to foods again. Recovery time is different for everybody. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 am

Also, just wanted to let you know that I had deleted your post on the other thread, as it was the same questions. It's better to have all of your replies on one thread, being this one. Thanks.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”