Energy

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
lyssadee
New User

Energy

Postby lyssadee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Hey y'all! me again...thought i was doing great and then relapse hit me like a truck. now post 10 days of vanco and a month out of work on FMLA, but tonight they're making me come back for third shift because they are short. no soda, no coffee..so do we have any ideas on how I can maybe do this? I need some energy!! Has anyone heard anything about ginseng since it's technically a natural "alert" type deal? Not sure if that qualifies as a caffeine. Thanks guys!
Last edited by lyssadee on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roy
Administrator

Re: Energy

Postby roy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Not sure about what you are asking!
If your fit and don't have D then your fine to go to work.
If your not fit then no herbal teas or medication is going to change that.
Many if not most posters worked as soon as the main symptoms stopped.

lyssadee
New User

Postby lyssadee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm asking if i'm allowed to have any type of caffeine at this point! No d or any symptoms but i don't want to aggravate it.. i'm wondering if i can just buy some type of tea and add ginseng to wake up for this shift? or does that qualify as a caffeine?

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:49 am

My husband swears by 5 hour energy, but I have never tried it. I tolerate soy lattes but straight black coffee will put me on the pot quickly. Wish I had a better answer.

Caffeine won't cause a relapse. If you had tea and drank half a cup now and half a cup half way through your shift it might be enough to keep you awake without acting as a laxative.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:56 am

If you can tolerate caffeine then i don't see a reason why you should not have a cup of coffee . I never had a problem with coffee , i drank my coffee black and unsweetened and i was fine.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:23 am

I developed acid reflux shortly after diff and had to limit acidic foods. I love coffee and used to drink numerous cups a day.

I hadn't had a cup in years - except for decaf when I went out to dinner - which bothered me some and didn't taste like "real" coffee.

I recently discovered low acid coffee - Puroast - "7 times less acid than other coffees." It comes in a distinctive bright red and gold pkg in various forms - beans, ground, etc. Try it at a health food store. I now buy a huge a huge bag at Amazon. It makes getting up in the morning worth it.

My life is so much happier with coffee!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”