Terrified of Relapse by Carrie18 - Moved from Case Histories

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Terrified of Relapse by Carrie18 - Moved from Case Histories

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Carrie18
Brand New Poster
Terrified of relapse

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 pm

I am a 34 year old female. I battled c diff 4 years ago while pregnant after a hospital stay and a round of clindomyacin. I was able to get better after 2 rounds of flagyl with florastor. I have currently been battling a sinus infection for over 3 weeks. I did ever thing I could to avoid antibiotics, but unfortunately I wasn't getting better. My doctor prescribed me doxycycline as it is a safer option. I am on day 5 of 10 taking them along with probiotics. I am currently freaking out because I now have diarrhea that began today. I am terrified that my c diff is back. I don't know if I can do this all over again. I freaking out over nothing? Is there a good chance it's c diff returning? I just need some support right now and maybe some reassuring words.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Terrified of Relapse by Carrie18 - Moved from Case Histories

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi Carrie18 - I moved your post from Case Histories so that you get replies. Case Histories are for the poster only to keep a log or diary of his or her case.

Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for new users on rules of posting, standard intro, etc.

I'm so sorry that you have had to endure c-diff, especially while pregnant. You have a good amount of time under your belt, which is great! We all can understand your fears right now though and wish we didn't have to constantly have to worry about future antibiotic use. Doxy is a lower offender, but as you know, no antibiotic is full proof. You can also be having D from the antibiotic that isn't caused by c-diff. However, I would call the doctor and see what he or she says. They may say to stop it and see if the D improves. If things get worse, then the dr may have you test. I do feel that the odds are in your favor though given the amount of time that has passed since c diff and the fact that you are taking probiotics along with a lower offender antibiotic. Hang in there and voice your concerns to your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”