Has anyone done home FMT enemas

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sophie
Regular Contributor

Has anyone done home FMT enemas

Postby sophie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:52 pm

I have been doing a lot of reading about how successful people have been doing these. Has anyone here tried them???

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Has anyone done home FMT enemas

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 pm

I have done them successfully and so have others. If you do decide to do them, make sure you have your donor screened. I did them under a doctor's guidance and I had my donor tested first.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 am

I did 20 home enemas with my husband as a donor but had no success , but don't know if they were unsuccessful because they didn't reach high enough into the colon or because my husband was not a good donor.Home FMT was a success for many on this site ,use the search box and read old posts about home FMT's. If you intend to try the home enemas , talk to your doctor first and have your donor tested !

BonSong
Regular Contributor

Postby BonSong » Sun May 28, 2017 5:26 pm

I want to use my spouse as my donor, but he's a type 1 diabetic (on an insulin pump). Would this rule him out?

I don't have a cdiff relapse again yet, but I may have to go on an antibiotic for an infection I have right now, and relapse is likely. I've been c diff free after a hospital administered FMT in 2014.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Check with the doctor about your husband's diabetes. I don't know if it makes any difference or not and we are not health professionals here on the site. That is an unusual situation. Check and see.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”