How long before you got an appetite?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sophie
Regular Contributor

How long before you got an appetite?

Postby sophie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 am

Hi everyone.
I don't have an appetite but I can eat. I've been off Vanco for 8 days now and seem to be doing ok other than i still don't have an appetite and my back can get sore at times (caused by Probiotics that I'm not used to - Florestor and Kefir.
Just curious how long it took people to get their appetite back. Thanks.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: How long before you got an appetite?

Postby Ril » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:26 am

Everyone is different but it took me many weeks before my appetite began to return. I didn't have much of an appetite and also got full quickly. Also, I had a lot of food intolerances so couldn't eat my favorite foods either. My appetite returned very gradually but it was many months before I cared to eat full meals.
This is all normal in recovery. The best strategy is to eat more frequent small meals in the meantime.
Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:16 am

I regained my appetite as soon as the vanco kicked in , but when I came off of it I started having trouble eating again then it got better again when I started taking antianxiety meds and I also put on some weight (not saying you should take antianxiety meds too , just saying what worked for me) . Not having a appetite is normal during recovery , and it can take some time until it comes back and also the bland diet is not very tasty , so maybe when you will start eating more normal foods it will get better.
There are some people on this site that said something about a probiotic Reuteri helped them regain their appetite.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 pm

I got my appetite back from taking Primadophilus Reuteri. It was the only probiotic that I can say for sure made a difference. I had lost 27 pounds to cdiff. It took me 2 years to gain that weight back.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”