Muscle strain as a source of stomach pain?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Pinecone
Regular User

Re: Muscle strain as a source of stomach pain?

Postby Pinecone » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:49 am

Thank you, Beth. I am still a little worried I might have made the wrong decision, but all of my loved ones are much smarter than me, so I trust them. I trust my gut, too. Culturelle is sitting fine with me so far, and I still haven't had any major pain today. For the next few days, I just have to keep my worries in check and take care of myself, I think. I can decide on a colonoscopy on a later date, after a little more self-care and healing. No need to rush in to that.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Pinecone, when you do decide to have the colonoscopy, I have some tips for suprep. I just had suprep for mine. I found that the key to make drinking the prep liquid easier was to prepare it and keep it in the refrigerator prior to having to drink it. It went down easier that way. And keep baby wipes handy. The anesthesia is very easy. You drift off before you know you are getting it and suddenly you are awake and finished. It is not like general anesthesia. I also waited about 9 months after c diff for mine with the agreement of my dr but I was not having pain.

I take Align probiotic along with Florastor.
Best luck to you.
Rita

Pinecone
Regular User

Postby Pinecone » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks, Rita! I heard about chilling the prep, and have frosted mugs ready to make it even colder. Really, my only concern with a colonoscopy is sending my bowels into spasms, because any time I have a full stomach, things get really crampy really fast. I'll be under anesthesia for the procedure, so I'm sure I won't feel a thing.

However, as of right now it seems like I'm having a c diff relapse, so the colonoscopy won't be for a while still, if ever. And, honestly, I'd rather have c diff than whatever a colonoscopy can find. Very afraid of IBD.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:22 am

Sorry you are relapsing. Are you having the D , did your test came back positive?

Pinecone
Regular User

Postby Pinecone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 am

Test results haven't arrived yet, but I have a strong feeling it's back. I've had D with the tell-tale smell, and a lot of pain. Since the ER ruled out basically everything else, it seems like it's all that's left. Especially since the D worsened today.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”