When to know when you have C diff again?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: When to know when you have C diff again?

Postby amyc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 pm

The vanco doesn't have to be spaced exactly 6 hours apart. Why don't you call a pharmacist (any pharmacist) to ask them to ask about a schedule that would be easier to remember.

Hurt
Brand New Poster

Postby Hurt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:11 pm

I put a repeating alarm on my pad. It doesn't have to be exact. Also kept a sharpie with bottle and used it to mark every dose.

Shaun3k
New User

Postby Shaun3k » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks for the hints. Yea I kept multiple alarms on my phone to tell her when it was time for her medication. She finished the 10 days of Vancomycin and Metronidazole last Sunday. Unfortunately last night(Thursday) she started getting diarrhea after eating some mini tacos. This morning she said she didn't have diarrhea since last night and then she ate some left over mini tacos and has had it all day and she told me it is watery.

Also pretty much for over a month that she has been home from the hospital she has had felt the need to go to the bathroom after eating. However it hasn't been watery. Is it considered diarrhea if it is not watery? She would go to the bathroom I believe 3 to 6 times a day. At least from what she told me. Like I said though she would say they were normal stools. Sometimes she would eat and she didn't have to go right away. So maybe it was the things she was eating? She felt this way on and off the antibiotics. She has also felt very tired and lacks energy not sure if the antibiotics can cause that, but it can also be her Anemia.

Tuesday/Wednesday they took 2 stool samples from her. From like a day or two after she finished the antibiotics. Not sure what good those will do. They still haven't given her a colonoscopy. They have to get authorization or something.

I told her she should see her Doctor Monday, but she is just tired of all of it at this point. Hopefully she does.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 pm

It may have been too early to test to get an accurate result. I understand your mom's frustration, but if she still does not feel well this weekend, I would encourage her to go to the doctor next week or at least make a phone call.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”