Nexium after Cdiff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cjohns
New User

Nexium after Cdiff

Postby cjohns » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Folks,

I had CDIFF back in June of 2015. I'm still not 110% however my acid reflux is out of control. Doctor told me to use Nexium or some type of PPI. I was on Protonix when I first found out I had CDIFF I eventually stopped Protonix and a lot of my joint/muscle pain went away. I started taking Nexium 2 days ago my heart burn is gone but muscle pain and joint pain have returned. Has anyone else experienced this? Any info would be appreciated.

KLor
Contributor

Re: Nexium after Cdiff

Postby KLor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Can't say that I've experienced muscle/joint pain due to PPIs, but I did get myself off of Protonix due to side effect concerns using a more natural regimen. I am almost entirely GERD-free now, so this plan really works for me--it may or may not for you. Try what you like and leave the rest!

1.) Kefir--2-3 glasses daily, both preventative and acts like Maalox during an episode. 2.) Kombucha--more preventative than symptom relief. 3.) Ginger tea--will ease any symptoms in about 30 minutes for me. 4.) Coarse ground mustard--a tbsp of this is gross, but after swallowing I will have total relief in about 10 minutes. 5.) Yoga--downward dog, cat & cow, and child's pose all relieve stress on the digestive tract and after 4-6 sequences will dramatically reduce reflux for me.

I hope some of that might help you! I was very strict for about 3 months with this regimen--kefir and ginger tea every morning, kombucha every afternoon, yoga at least twice a day plus responses to symptoms. I have slacked off some now, but always go to these stand-bys if anything flares again. Wishing you continued healing! Take care.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Nexium after Cdiff

Postby NanciT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 pm

I would check back with your PCP. I have not heard of that type of reaction but one never knows. I have continued on Aciphex despite trying to wean myself off it. I had a great deal of vomiting with CDIFF and now have a hernia. It can be difficult to get off any of these and often depends on the reason/health issue you started taking them for.
NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”