WEIGHT GAIN

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Pluffmud
Brand New Poster

WEIGHT GAIN

Postby Pluffmud » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I had undiagnosed c Diff for 4 years and gained 40 lbs.
I had an FMT, and it has taken 2 years to feel well enough to exercise.
I have lost a few pounds and inches.
I hope as I create more muscle mass that I will continue to lose weight.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: WEIGHT GAIN

Postby MKW » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

I lost a lot of weight on Flagyl, but not on Vanco. You could have another health issue effecting your weight, but I would think you might just want to look at dietary changes you've had, activity level, and stress level changes since you developed C Diff. C Diff is a very emotionally stressful condition, and some people put on weight when under stress. Also, many of us become limited in our every day lives and feel weak, so aren't as physically active day to day. And of course, most of us end up with diet changes due to intolerance. I think if you put all that together, if you aren't having regular diarrhea, weight gain could make sense. Also, I get a lot of bloating on and off taking the Vanco. Not sure why.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:53 am

Usually , with Cdiff you lose weight not gain it.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Pluffmud Welcome to the site. Please read the first thread on rules for posting.
It is very unusual to gain weight from c diff. Usually there is a loss of appetite and it is difficult to eat. Almost everyone loses weight and complains about inability to gain it back for a long time.
I would discuss this with your dr to see about other possible medical issues.

Roxanne
Regular User

Postby Roxanne » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:43 pm

I had C-Diff (hoping cured with recent FMT) I also gained a little weight, then held at that weight, I believe given my diet as many healthy foods I couldn't handle. Towards the end, the C-Diff became worse and I did drop a some weight. Never lost my appetite, in fact always hungry as everything went through me so quickly. The C-Diff made it very hard to leave the house, so less exercise. I do have a fat disorder, that may have made this different for me.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”