How can you get a positive c diff result, but not have c diff?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
KileyZ
New User

Re: How can you get a positive c diff result, but not have c diff?

Postby KileyZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you so much for those tips. I have used D-mannose for UTI issues before. I've never tried marshmallow root capsules, but it's in some tea that I use for heartburn issues. I'll definitely try those.

BTW - I looked at my dosage and I'm actually taking 250 mg capsules 4 x's a day. So, they're really dosing me good. I hope this bladder stuff goes away when I stop the medication.

Amalia83
Brand New Poster

Postby Amalia83 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 am

KLor wrote:
> I also have ongoing bladder/urethra irritation after vanco and Dificid, and
> I've found marshmallow root capsules very soothing. Claritin also,
> strangely, kicked the urethra pain out for a while. Just some ideas to
> hopefully help get you through.
I have this symptoms in my urethra, i just don t know what it is, it s not a UTI. Doc says that the uretha has some inflamation. Is that possible after liquid vanco?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi Amalia83 and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters. You have posted on a thread that is 4 years old and I don't know if you will get any answers from previous posters. They have most likely moved on and are well.

But, we have had posters that have gotten bladder irritation from vanco and I suppose the urethra can also get irritated and inflamed. If you suspect a UTI, then they should run a culture on your urine to see if there is any infection, but yes, vanco can irritate the bladder according to other people who have posted here.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”