Atypical case, on vanco

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
KileyZ
New User

Re: Atypical case, on vanco

Postby KileyZ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks so much for your responses. Yes, I've been concerned since this all started that despite my positive c diff result, it's not really c diff. When I originally started, my doctor ordered a ton of stool tests testing for all sorts of things, which all came back normal except for c diff. And you're right, this is rather mild compared to some of the very scary stories I read on this site. Okay, I'll try ditching the Florastor for a while and see if that makes a difference. We'll see what the latest stool tests indicates. He also ordered something called lactoferrin. Is that normal to test for that with c diff?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Knowlegable Dr!
Lactoferrin is part of your immune system, it increases if you fighting off an infection. (I think)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 am

Yes, my ID recommended lactoferin or something like it - colostrum I think it was. It won't interfere with any tests.

KileyZ
New User

Postby KileyZ » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Well, I had diarrhea again this morning a couple times, so perhaps it is c diff. I really need to be able to function at work. Because I'm nursing, I can't take pepto bismol. Is it okay if I take Ammodium AD or something to help with the diarrhea? I've got to get to work and watch two kids on the weekends.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:41 pm

If you think you have c difficile, Imodium is not usually advised as it can keep the toxins in. Check with your doctor.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Please call your doctor, and don't take Imodium.

KileyZ
New User

Postby KileyZ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Good news! I received my test results and my c diff test came back negative! I didn't have diarrhea for six days until this morning. Not sure why, but I did have LOTS of fiber yesterday. At least more than I normally do.

I saw my Naturopath today and shared about my c diff experience and that I was still experiencing occasional diarrhea. She gave me a supplement called citramesia which contains Artemesia Annua, grapefruit seed extract echinacea purpurea and lots of herbs (majoram, nutmeg). I shared that I just received a negative c diff result and she said that I probably have other bacteria overgrowth if I had c diff. Is that usually the case?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 am

Having D once a week is definitely not Cdiff , because with Cdiff you would have D every day , several times per day , and receiving a negative test result will put your mind at ease. Get more tests done to see what is the source of your symptoms , like food allergies , SIBO , culture for other pathogens etc.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”