Negative Test After Positive

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mauler
New User

Re: Negative Test After Positive

Postby Mauler » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Good afternoon all.

It is 2020, and I have been C Diff free. My first post was this thread in 2015, I think of everyone often with the helpful posts and encouraging words. No one really understands unless they have been through it.

Right now, I am being treated for a skin infection and the Dr. prescribed Minocycline 100 mg twice a day for 7 days. I have been taking Florastor (two per day), Kefir (a couple times a day), Floragen and Raw 100 billion probiotics fearing a relapse. Of course I got D as soon as I started the Minocycline medication-- so I added some pepto bismol to the mix. Right now my D is twice in the morning.

Wish me luck, and I will keep you posted.

The fear is real!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:17 am

Hopefully, you will be fine and just have antibiotic related D, but not c diff. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Mauler,
I looked up the drug on drugs.com. Do similar research.it is a tetracycline- evidently a low offender for c diff.Call your pharmacist and and doublecheck.

Mauler
New User

Postby Mauler » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Thanks Beth. Bobbie, that is correct. I spoke with my GI prior to taking it--thanks.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 am

I’m glad that you thought to get back on here for support. This site was seriously a god send for me when I was in the darkest time of C Diff. Praying for you and that you don’t relapse.

Mauler
New User

Postby Mauler » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Thank you Caligirl. I never forget the good people on this site.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”