Florastor & kefir

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
foots
Regular Contributor

Florastor & kefir

Postby foots » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:25 am

I am 15 days out from a Vanco taper & I have no d at the time, but have pain on my sides (intestines) and acid going up my throat at random times. Has anyone found kefir or Florastor to be beneficial for those types of issues?

I tried a bit of kefir yesterday and will try the Florastor today, but I just wondered.

Thanks.

foots
Regular Contributor

Re: Florastor & kefir

Postby foots » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 pm

No luck w/kefir after a few days. I drank a little bit only, but my stomach pain has increased. Got to try Florastor next.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi foots

I would check with your GI. It sounds like you are having acid reflux and they may suggest something over the counter. I would also check in with them on the pain.

Hope you feel better soon!

dw204
Brand New Poster

Postby dw204 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 am

Concerning your reflux:....I got it bad following heavy antibiotic treatment. Unfortunately my Doc put me on a Proton pump inhibitor med. Which is also a porthole for C. Diff to thrive even More. I would be careful if your Doc wants to do you the same. Florastor (Probiotic S.B) use before, during and after treatment of antibiotics, especially with C. Diff... taken a full 6 months is a good idea. Seriously though....Doctors need to be less inclined to prescribe them as often as they do. They can and most often do more harm then good in an awful lot of cases.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:22 pm

I am 6 month out from my Vanco. I have not had any acid reflux issues but I had them pre-cdiff, most likely eating spicy food items to late. As for pain, I have experienced some in my right side under my ribs. Not sure what causes it. It's kinda of a dull ache, nothing severe. I just try not to think about. I did go to a mexican restaurant with a friend last night and had salsa. chips, chicken enchilada with cheese and Jalapenos for the first time since c diff and so far so good. Today it's a little achy on that side. Could be my nerves. I am a nervous wreck. I do drink about a quart of Kefir a day and take 1 generic Align, (Waymart's Equate), a day. I bought the generic Florastor, another Walmart equate. but have yet to take one.
Teresa_68

dw204
Brand New Poster

Postby dw204 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:04 pm

would buy Florastor from Amazon Brand name not Equate. You need Quality "S. Boulardi probiotic" the Best bacteria too eradicate and help stop re-occurring C. Diff in the future. You may be experiencing the pseudomembranous colitis that C. Diff creates. Be sure to see your doctor...you do not want full blown colitis of any kind let alone a perforation due to the damages of C. Diff. We now suspect this was the case for me back in June when they said I had peritonitis but thought it was contributed to an abdominal cyst rupture. Be aware of colonoscopy and endoscopies following C. Diff damage to your intestines, as perforation is a Much Higher Risk factor after C. Diff

Good luck

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”