Possible relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Possible relapse?

Postby seekingcure » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Have you tried kefir? It's a dairy product that is 99% lactose free and tastes like a yogurt smoothie. It is full of probiotics. There was a study done where the participants drinking kefir during antibiotic treatment for c-diff had fewer relapses. See "kefir" under Media Reports for links.
Bea

Danw
Contributor

Postby Danw » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 am

Started taking florajen 3 as recommended by the pharmacist, the bottle says once daily so considering im not sure how i react to them, only taking 1 a day. So far took 1 yesterday and 1 this morning, not causing any discomfort or anything. The biggest thing im happy for is although not a long time but Day 7, this is the longest i have gone without relapsing, first time for 3 days and 2nd time was 6 days, so im hoping and praying. I did not have any loose BM today but once again i have those small pieces :( Anyhow, considering i have had that happen a few times now, im thinking it has to do with my gi being screwed up from cdiff and eating certain things i should not have.

My question is, anyone else experience the on and off bm's? I guess as long as im just going my normal amount of times and not experiencing any of the normal c-diff symptoms i should be thankful. I have had the issue sometimes of the small pieces and not like a normal formed one, and usually in a few days it goes back to normal, my dr told me prior that i just may need more fiber or it could be just from all the torture my insides have been through. It always goes back to the normal, it can take anywhere from 1 day to 7 days but eventually goes back. Considering what happened yesterday, i would guess it's probably irritated from the food i ate.

Wishing everyone luck and happiness, will keep ya updated. Hopefully i can make it another week. I just go day by day with this stuff though.

Dan

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Bowels can be all over the place for quite awhile so I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you don't have D. One thing you can do if you are feeling well don't look in the bowl, it will stop all that anxiety. So glad you are still doing well and hope it continues.
CAROL

Danw
Contributor

Postby Danw » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 am

Quick question, anyone ever take florajen 3? Been taking it for 3 days now and now it does seem like my stool is starting to get back to normal, first time i saw no M but been gassy mornings, mostly after taking it and though my stool seems like it is getting back to normal, now my with the gas and stomach noises it's kind of weird, my stool was actually floating today, and considering how gassy i was in the morning it's no surprise.

My question is for those on probiotics, does this gas ever stop eventually? I mean not like pain gas if you know what i mean. Thanks again.

Dan

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Probiotics make me very gassy too and it does not stop. I found that if I just take part of a capsule it works better for me. If the gas does not give you pain, then perhaps give it a few days to see if your system adjusts. You can get a lot of gas post c diff with or without probiotics.

Danw
Contributor

Postby Danw » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 am

Maybe it's one or the other i guess, i know today i was like that again and once i went to the bathroom i was fine, Im not sure if it's something im eating or the probiotic still, things are getting close back to normal since i been on the florajen 3 though. I guess it's still a wait and see thing while on them, i never taken a probiotic before now. I probably just need to get use to it, but i am only taking it once a day and so far things have not been bad other then that aweful gassy feeling, for all i know it could be something im eating though that since i been off the medication is doing it now.

I had cream of chicken rice soup twice, i did have a cupcake yesterday as well, so maybe it was one of those, im trying to alter my diet a little better but been use to eating whatever so long, it's hard to adjust. Everything i have read points to finding out what i can and cannot tolerate anymore. I don't think im getting lactose intolerant but i still don't know for sure, maybe the cream in the cream of chicken soup. Im still drinking my 1 cup of coffee in the morning and it's not really bothering me, however, i did cut down a whole lot on pop, i might have 1 glass in total in a day, otherwise, all i drink is water.

This c-diff really throws your system out of whack pretty bad, now i just have to adjust things and continue the probiotic and hope i can get through this. Day 9 off med's, other then the gas mostly in the morning, i been feeling pretty good, hoping this continues on the road to recovery.

So happy once again for this site, it's amazing the different stories you come across and how much you learn about this terrible disease. All i can say is everyone, take it day by day cause stressing over it will not make it better. I also want to thank everyone who has been so kind in answering my questions and helping me understand this horrible thing. Wishing you all the best at beating this thing. Im hoping that 1 day i can post my own success story but for now, im gonna take it day by day and try and recover and get better.

Dan

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Let us know how you do. I am going to lock this topic now because it has reached its limit of 3 pages, so when you post again, start a new topic. You can call it the same as this one - part II or you can give it a new title.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”