Yogurt question.....

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)

Do you eat yogurt or frozen yogurt as a probiotic?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:14 am

Yes, as a probiotic
No votes
No
100%
Because I like it!
No votes

Total votes: 1

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Yogurt question.....

Postby Knitter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:09 am

I REALLY can't stand the taste of yogurt, with or without the fruit. I saw in here that most of you are using it as a sort of probiotic. I sent someone out to get me some frozen yogurt tonight. It tastes just like ice cream to me. Does anyone know if it has the same properties and capability to do me good after it has been frozen? I sure hope so, because it didn't taste too bad at all. I got the cherry flavour and it has real chunks of cherry in it. Yummy! They also had peach, chocolate, cappucino and vanilla. It is made by Chapman's and comes in a huge tub.

Also, about the new "Hot Smoothies" that Tim Hortons is now selling.... is that yogurt or dairy? They come in Orange, Raspberry, Hazelnut and Caramel. They sound so good and I would love to try one but am not sure whether I should or not. Does anyone know? Do you have Tim Hortons Donut shops where you are or is it just in Canada?

Perhaps I am getting a wee bit better. I am having fantasies about Tim Hortons Hot Smoothies.... oh my!
Last edited by Knitter on Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:34 am

hi knitter
I have read on yogurt. What i understand from what i've read, is that yogurt does not contain as much beneficial bacteria when it's frozen. Most of the good bacteria dies in the freezing tempetures. I could be wrong, maybe some one can add to this. I wasn't a big fan of yogurt before and even now i have bought the big plain yogurt containers just to throw it away in a few days. Never finish them, to me they taste too sour. I am drinking kefir now as a substitution. I buy the lifeway flavor ones and the plain one too, adding bananas to the plain one. It's actually not bad, husband liked it i just wished my daughter would too. She doesn't like yogurt either, i wish i would of gave it to her when she was a baby so she would grow to like it.
Here is a site where they talk more about benefits of yogurt and kefir if you want to check them out.

http://www.supermarketguru.com/page.cfm/140

http://www2.oprah.com/presents/2005/you ... ir_d.jhtml

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:53 pm

Thanks so much Marcia, I will check these out.

Thanks again, just went to both sites and learned a lot. So much for my bright idea of using the frozen yogurt instead. I am still wondering about the Hot Smoothies though. I think I will risk it and give one a try. If I am ummm indisposed, you might not hear from me tomorrow, but at least I will have given it a try! Think healthy!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”