Possible third relapse

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Xsmiffy
Brand New Poster

Possible third relapse

Postby Xsmiffy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:54 am

Hi, please can someone help? I was diagnosed and in hospital August last year with c.diff and then again two weeks later with a relapse both times I was admitted for a week, given IV fluids and meds.
In December of last year, I was in hospital with my son who after a five week stay unfortunately contracted c.diff. Fast forward to this week and I have been experiencing mild c.diff symptoms - going up to four time (morning only), loose but not watery stools, stomach cramps, bloating, headache and feeling dizzy and generally unwell.
Could this be another relapse or new infection?

Many thanks for any support

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Possible third relapse

Postby NanciT » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 pm

Hello

Sorry you had to find us. The infection you had last year....and the one following 2 weeks later sounds like a relapse. If you recoed last year, this would be a new infection which you certainly can pick up in a hospital.

I would get tested. I am not sure what you are being treated with, but I would ask for DIficid if you test positive.

Good luck and I hope things improve soon

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”