Doing ok but not great

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Doing ok but not great

Postby GtrGrl » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:40 pm

All the best!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:42 am

We are here for you if you need us, but hopefully this will all be behind you soon!

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:34 am

One more question I got the covid booster shot GI said it was ok would this do anything with cdiff like it distracts my immune system and let's it grow again or is that soley the good bacterias job

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:40 am

That’s not really how it works, so don’t worry about it. The jab is important in protecting you from the far more likely threat of Covid.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:42 am

yeah i allready got it once and once was enough felt awful my mother also got it and now has ibs issues like me

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:13 pm

It did not cause GI issues with me, but it did flare up my fibromyalgia quite a bit.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 am

Back for a a little concern had D again This morning after 1 ok BM with a bit of mucus in it but not alot again it doesn't smell of cdiff but every bout of d I get scares me to death. Is it even possible after 5.5 months to relapse? I feel like I would have been in the clear by now since I have 5 months of Flora build up. i also went on vacation for a week and i noticed that my bowels were as normal as they have ever been without taking any type of support. so it really makes me wonder if this is fueled by severe aniexty

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:04 am

I would not worry about an off day here or there or even a few in a row. You will know if c diff comes back. It just gets worse and worse. IBS generally comes and goes. Sometimes it flares up from something you ate, other times there seems to be no real reason, but yes, anxiety does affect GI issues.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:40 am

I'm still having issues but every bout of d I get or flare up I still think it's cdiff I'm seeing a therapist now but things are slow you would think after 6.5 months that I would be in the clear of cdiff without any antibiotics but yet I still worry that it's coming back every single time I get abnormal looking BM. It's exhausting and I don't know if I'll get over it

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:41 am

I know how you feel. I’m the exact same way. Every time I get a flare up I freak out it is back. Especially bc I was not on antibiotics when I got c diff. We went through a lot. It’s going to take time. Therapy is helping me a lot. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone- I totally understand.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:38 am

Been doing ok but have been pretty constipated lately and today it sort of has started switching back to loose and I had a big glob of m in it and now im freaking out it only happened In the 1bm but even after 8 months I still think it's cdiff is it possible to get it after this long no smell of cdiff but m always freaks me out the most in other news I'm just about back to my previous weight about only 2 pounds away

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:07 pm

Don't freak out. It could be anything. Something you ate or even stress. I have had the same the last few days. Not sure what it could be. I took Pepto Bismol.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Every little bathroom trip I inspected, freaked out and put myself through so much stress. This last year is gone, wasted on worrying that everything was cdiff. I was on here all thr time looking for reassurance. I was miserable. I was scared. Therapy didn’t help. Two weeks ago I started anxiety medicine. Why did I wait this long? I’m happy, I look forward to things and events, I’m enjoying my family. The first two weeks were tough on tbt anxiety medicine and gave me loose stool. I’m fact, I still have loose stool from it sometimes D. But I do not worry bc I can’t control what happen. I just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel.congrats on getting your weight back, I’m not even close!! But I will get there.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:11 am

Great to hear you’re doing so well these days, Lissaucd.

Devo343, I hope it was just a one-off. When I relapsed I knew that was what it was, and I hadn’t been feeling well just before it. For a long time after, it’s so hard not to panic when you get a sudden change. And my anxiety still pops up even now with things like, I’m currently sorting some clothes for a trip and even though I know it’s going to be cold, and it has (obviously!) been washed, I’m STILL too scared to take my warmest cardigan because I was wearing it the last time I tested positive and my brain whispers, ‘spores!’. This illness can def mess with your mental health.

Well done on the weight gain.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:49 am

Well now I'm scared to death since yesterday I've been getting whifs of that smell but we turned on the furnace for the first time and it has a odor for a while since it hasn't been used in a while and I had full blown d once this morning I'm hoping it's related to the hotdogs I ate last night but right now I am in full panic all that progress and effort down the trash I haven't taken antibiotics but I did visit someone in the hospital a few days ago but was washing my hands and stuff I am severely freaked out right now

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”