Doing ok but not great

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
devo343
Contributor

Doing ok but not great

Postby devo343 » Sat May 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Haven't posted in a while I did get a PI-IBS diagnoses along with gliberts syndrome. I've been doing ok I was told to take metamucil which appears to be helping toa degree. My only problem is I can't shake the fear of it coming back or me getting another infection which will lead to a relapse i know the low offender list but it's just that what if aniexty. I haven't felt normal since I originally got this and I'm not sure if I ever will I'm scared of everything every little unusual bengin pain or symptom of a random unrelated thing freak me out. I'm just hoping that the day I do need to take antibiotics again it's well down the road and my Flora will be in a much better place to cope with the supplements of probiotics. I'm still looking for therapy but having trouble getting responses

I've started gaining my weight back which is good went from 113.5 at the end of the cdiff and covid got It back up to 116. I have high metabolism so it's allready hard for me to gain weight which is why it's so important I maintain weight
Last edited by devo343 on Sat May 07, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devo343
Contributor

Re: Doing ok but not great

Postby devo343 » Sat May 07, 2022 4:34 pm

I keep looking at my calprotection test to sort of ease myself knowing my colon is not inflamed and cdiffy tho there is aniexty of what if that test was wrong or the sample was not big enough and all that

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:06 am

It sounds as if you are doing quite well. It took me a very long time to gain weight after having c difficile. Try to take it one day at a time and not think too much about what can happen, etc, etc. Most of our what ifs never happen.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Mon May 09, 2022 4:30 am

Many people suffer with the anxiety; it’s not surprising with such an unpleasant illness, you are not alone. As for the calpro sample, I recently submitted a tiny one and fretted over it being too small — but they still found inflammation (unfortunately!) so try to trust the result.

Keep going with the weight gain, as Beth says, it takes time (I’ve only managed 5 lbs in a year, having lost 22). Have you tried adding something like Huel? No effort to prepare, adds 400 or so extra calories to your day.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue May 10, 2022 1:00 am

It’s okay to feel anxious about every little pain, stomach upset, gas, bloating etc. You have been through a lot. I feel the exact same way you do and it has been 9 months. Please look at my prior posts- I reached out many times out of fear and needing reassurance. Bottom line, this Illness sucks. I was so bad I was afraid to eat bc I didn’t want to get an upset stomach. My parents had to come and make me small meals and I’m freaking almost 40 years old with a 3 year old. But, it gets better. Last night, I had wine for the first time. (Use to love my wine) Did I freak out? Yup sure did! But you never know unless you try right? I miss my old life, my old weight, my old self. Im slowly getting back to normal with the help of a new therapist who is familiar with c diff and acknowledges what I have been through. I also have a girlfriend who had it, went through two rounds of flayg and went right back to living her life to the fullest with her husband and 3 Labrador pups! Not to mention, she works in the hospital in the lab! Sees hundreds a people a week. I too worry about needing antibiotics, but I have come to realize it’s out of my control. If I need them, I will deal with it then. Tons of people on here have taken antibiotics after c diff and had no problems. I know, I can’t live in the world of “what if” bc it was ruining my life, my relationships and I was missing out. You got this. When I get those scary feelings/thoughts, I acknowledge them and make sure it’s a rational thought( most of the time it’s not!) and if its not, I’m able to explain to myself way this thought is irrational and causing me fear. For an example, If I get D…. I instantly think it’s back. That MAY be an irrational thought. The D may be caused my anxiety, what I ate etc. Doesn’t mean c diff is back. Like I said, you got this.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 am

How long do the dormant spores last in the body i feel like after 4 months of religious probiotic supplements most of it would have been flushed out by now. I do want to test at some point down the road to see if im still carrying the spores ive read there is a very huge range some get rid of it entirely in a month some carry it forever. maybe because im young that my colon once recovered tried its best to flush everything out with the help of probiotics im also not sure how long ive acutaly been a carrier if at all i never had any type of gut issues until i took that antibiotic

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:14 pm

As far as I know, there is no test that will tell you if you still have spores. Maybe at research labs they have them, but not ordinary labs. Ask your doctor to be sure though. Maybe there is something now.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Had a bit of a flare up this morning and symptoms again I don't know why I can't just assume it's Ibs or aniexty and not immediately cdiff it's been 4 months so I feel like any chance should be zero by now

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:58 am

If it is a full blown c diff infection, it just keeps getting worse. These flare ups are generally IBS, at least in my experience for myself.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Wed May 18, 2022 4:49 am

devo343 wrote:
> Had a bit of a flare up this morning and symptoms again I don't know why I
> can't just assume it's Ibs or aniexty and not immediately cdiff it's been 4
> months so I feel like any chance should be zero by now

Because you’ve been through something awful, you’re bound to worry it’s come back. Don’t panic though, it probably hasn’t; monitor over the next few days. If it’s C Diff you’ll likely feel generally ill as well as having the other obvious symptoms.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:57 am

Been having alot of cramping the past 6 days was doing very well but i wonder if its just my aniexty deciding to hyper focus on something after i got my teeth problems fixed. its stayed soild given some had a little M in it but not the big clumpy stuff i had with cdiff its been over 4 months now so anything im experiencing now is what i hope is IBS whats the chance of getting it again after 4 months ive not been on any antibiotic since vanco ive cut out floraster now because frankly i dont think i need it it doesnt really seem to help i just took it in fear of it fending off a relapse. can someone that allready had it just get it again after picking it up again? ive read the chance for that is quite low. but its been 6 days of this so you would think it would have gotten worse by now its not even D

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Fri May 20, 2022 12:36 pm

My first relapse was 2.5 months after initial infection had supposedly cleared, and I didn’t have D, but quite frequent, odd coloured ‘pudding’ consistency, which burned, and I just felt off in myself. I decided to get tested and was positive. If you have got it again, I think it’s more likely it wasn’t fully gone in the first place. I guess the only way to know and stop worrying is to test, but if you don’t actually feel unwell you may not need/want to treat.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:33 pm

I don't feel ill and still have an appetite so I'm hoping that's a good a sign and I'm only going 2-3 times a day I also had a recent calprotection test about a month ago that said it was 18 so there is no inflammation in my colon

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sat May 21, 2022 8:06 am

All good signs! I would just see how you get on for now - and don’t overdo the fibre.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:24 am

Cramping subsided but now im getting more mucus then usual its still mostly solid but its freaking me out again because M was a trademark symptom for cdiff for me. I know m is normal with ibs but seeing it freaks me out. I know this is probably tmi so sorry if it is. I feel otherwise fine it's just the aniexty over seeing that in it because it can be a sign of inflammation but inflammation is also associated with just feeling bad in general and I don't feel particularly bad

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”