How good am i off?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
devo343
Contributor

How good am i off?

Postby devo343 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:43 pm

Im 19M i had to take clindamycin for a tooth absess{Take care of teeth it was a malpractice issue}.Everything was dandy until about 1.5 weeks after i was done with mild symptoms i got tested and it came back postive and im on a 10 day course of Vancomycin 150mg. Im on day 3 right now and i allready feel alot better still lots of bathroom trips smell is still there tho not as potent and cramping is there but not as bad. What i wanna know is what are my chances of relaspe because thats giving me aniexty more then anything right now. Im only 19 and i really should have not got this so young but here we are.

Factors
i take floraster twice a day
young
being much more diligent about handwashing now

any help?

devo343
Contributor

Re: How good am i off?

Postby devo343 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:37 pm

also i wonder since i barely had any cramping that maybe the damage was not that bad?

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:18 pm

You are responding to treatment very very well! I know how you feel, but it will get better. Try not to think about “what if” I relapse. Hard to do …but it may never happen. You are young! I drove myself crazy months about the possibility of relapse. I had to face the fact that it is out of my control. If it happens again, I will deal with it then and I know how to deal with it. I had to learn to trust myself. Also, my girlfriend who works in a hospital had it and had to be on two rounds of medicine. 5 days later after finishing her second round… she was back to normal. She was eating everything! No problems! Everyone is different! I’m sorry you are doing through this.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Everyone is different and it is hard to say if you will relapse or not, but most people do not. Usually one or two courses of meds will work and you will not relapse. That is true for 75 - 80% of people. The ones who post here are the other 20% usually.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:18 am

Most people are cured from the first round of Vanco.You are young and otherwise healthy and most likely will be among the lucky majority. Please keep in mind that even though the infection is no longer active , in recovery you might have good and bad days , try not to panic when a bad day occurs , and also try to eat bland until your gut heals completely .

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:49 pm

I had 2 rounds of meds 9 years ago and so far have not relapsed…hopefully never will!
Just finish treatment and know the odds are in your favor.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:03 am

Does anyone know how to fight anxiety over it coming back.Im on day 8 and all my symptoms are gone and the stools are solid again tho im still going 3 times a day which makes me think it may be on its way back or waiting till the antibiotic is done to come back.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:00 pm

Frequency of stool is not an issue as long as they stay solid. We call that “the new normal”. It might take quite some time before you establish a regular pattern and that may be different from your previous BM habits. Your gut has been going through a serious infection and has to heal. Some of us experience PI IBS and others have an easier recovery but that remains to be seen. None of this means you are not recovering. It sounds as though you are doing very well.

Most of us experience anxiety as we desperately want to recover and fear the worst scenario but again, remember to read posts of those who recover quickly. And also remember what we have said about those who post most often here are the ones who have had the most difficulty and the norm is people like me who made a full recovery and did not relapse.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

Did a little bit of a no no i tried a small amount of coffee {Without dairy products added} to kinda test the waters to see how damaged my gut actually is. so far i seem to be handling it ok i feel like if i can handle coffee i can most likely handle anything im not gonna go full throttle into my normal diet just yet tho. Im gonna ease back into it. i am going to try a half of a cup of milk the day after the last antibiotic to see how my gut fairs.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:47 am

ive also noticed that in my stools that that there are varying levels of white bits i looked this up and it said it could be undigested food ive also been eating whole grain bread that may be showing up in it too not sure

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:23 pm

I think most people have undigested food. Before you got c difficile, you probably just never bothered to inspect your stool.

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 pm

I've also noticed that I have a lower abdominal feeling that comes and goes that isn't exactly painful but it feels off I assume this is just healing or the gut not being completely healed my stools are solid still so I'm assuming that

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:16 am

Just finished the last antibiotic. Only time will tell now im gonna keep taking floraster and probiotic supplements for atleast a few months if not longer

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:54 pm

Day 2 still good im able to drink milk fine which is surprising

That specific garden of life probiotic has 80 billion CFU most of that being lactobacillus and bifido which I've read can also help flush out the inactive c diff but also read 1 story about it actually causing it to come back not sure
I'm still very worried about it coming back but probably will be for a while regardless but so far very little if not any PI-IBS

devo343
Contributor

Postby devo343 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:03 am

Day 4 had a chicken sandwich yesterday it was painful through the rest of the day and now im having more bathroom trips the stools are still solid however. Im very worried its coming back but im not sure. Also moderate abdominal pain more then anything

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”