Sick of chicken

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Sick of chicken

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:15 am

So I have been eating chicken and white rice with a veggie. If I deviate from this, I get pudding poo. It’s been 15 weeks. When will I be able to enjoy food again? I had tacos last night, just chicken meat, beans and a shell, got pudding. I also had some tortilla chips that were green- so as you would guess I had a green bowel movement. It’s so frustrating. I also have some pain in my upper abdomen- not sure if it’s from starting to lift some weights to try and gain weight or c diff (hurt like that in beginning) I’m so sick of c diff everything. It’s always on my mind.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sick of chicken

Postby NanciT » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am

Everyone is VERY different on this. We have some who have been told to get back to a regular diet right away, my ID told me to go slow. Everyone's CDIFF experience is different. I have had chicken for a VERY long time. Actually have not been able to tolerate beef at all. I followed the add one item and see how it goes...and it's been very slow.

My only advice is to take it as you are, add an item and see how you do. It can take time.

Hang in there

NanciT

jackie24
Regular User

Postby jackie24 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 pm

I am right there with you! Last night I ate some potato soup that my husband made for me thinking it would be okay but I was sick all night and into this morning. I am sending a stool sample in to make sure my Cdiff hasn't come back so thats how worried I am. I don't think we will ever be able to eat normally again! But everyone is right about trying one thing at a time. I wish you luck!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:35 pm

Thank you for all the advice! I’m so sorry you had a bad night and morning. I hope it passes soon and you feel better. I’m sitting here eating chicken while my little girl and hubby eat pizza. I’m drooling over the smell…. To top it off my chicken is burnt. And I tried a small portion of a cookie before dinner, big mistake. My stomach is mad making all different noises. I hate c diff.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:14 pm

You can try turkey instead of chicken , or fish with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes if you are sick of chicken and rice. I never had any problems from potatoes or fish , see how is works for u.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:33 pm

I couldn't even tolerate chicken for months. I mostly ate BRAT. My ID put me on a lentils, rice and turmeric diet. She said they were anti-inflammatory and would help heal my gut, and it really calmed things down. Also look at other things you eat and drink during the day. Coffee and chocolate gave me severe D even in small amounts. Cutting them out completely was hard, but I improved. Like others recommended, I slowly added things back to my diet. Two years out I still have trigger foods and have chronic D because of other aspects of my case, but it's much easier navigating food because I know what they are. lol - sometimes a peppermint latte is worth the discomfort!

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Thank you Betsy! You are a very strong person, you went through a lot! My doctor told me last night I need to “live life” and stop letting the thought of c diff returning rule my life. He told me to eat normal. I was eating very bland for a long time. He told me no more bland food. I think it’s more anxiety for me. I start lexapro tonight. Fingers crossed!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:20 pm

I had to be very careful what I ate for a long time but it was worth it in the end because it did pass…but it took more well than 6 months. I couldn’t eat fiber for at least a year and then some. I agree with Georgina. I never had trouble with baked potatoes or pasta, and could eat toast and peanut butter with low sugar jam so you might want to try that for some variety. I could also eat all kinds of eaggs or egg beaters that I could cook with Pam or boil. Eat more frequent small meals. Large meals seem to be more of a problem, as are things higher in fats.

Anxiety is common. Hopefully the lexapro will help. It is a good medication.Good luck.
Rita

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Thank you! I think the bland food might be causing me problems. I never ate like this before c diff. I think eating too bland is not allowing my stomach to get the good bacteria I need. Also, getting my anxiety under control is going to be key for me. I had mexican good last night. Just a burrito with chicken, whole beans Ans rice. Not bad. Soft the first, second was a little urgency/ pudding. But let me tell you, it was so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had some chips too!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”