White specks in stool

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hht7899
New User

White specks in stool

Postby hht7899 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 am

Hello everyone!

I am 6 weeks out from my first FMT. I had the FMT preformed after going through a round of flagyl, vanco and then dificid. The first 5 weeks after my FMT my bms were totally normal! No pain, no weird bms, nothing! However, over the last week I have noticed these small white specks in my stool... they almost look like seeds?? Has anyone ever experienced this? I have no other symptoms other than some very very mild cramping when I need to have a bm, and that’s not everyday.

Just wondering if I need to be concerned about the “seeds” if I have no other symptoms. I should also mention that my diet is basically back to normal, but I’m still not eating dairy or anything fried. Also taking VSL#3 twice a day and drinking Kefir daily.

Anyone else have this symptom before??

Aurora
New User

Re: White specks in stool

Postby Aurora » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:51 am

I know that in my infants, white "seeds" in the diaper are from undigested fat. Not sure if this applies to adults or c diff. I would call and ask dr if you are worried. Even the nurse I spoke to at my office was very helpful and knowledgeable.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 am

This belongs to TMI section , please do not post descriptions of stool here.
If you use the search box for white specks you would see that it has already been discussed , you can find more info in the old posts.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 am

I have them too, but I have had them way before c diff. If I eat chicken or turkey, I can see them a couple of days later. In my case, it is just undigested bits of food. If you are concerned, ask your doctor.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”