Post c diff recovery?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sammyp
Contributor

Re: Post c diff recovery?

Postby sammyp » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Salad is bad news. That's the last thing most people add back into their diets, sometimes after a year or longer. If you want veggies, stick with well cooked for now. It sounds like your stomach is still irritated (totally normal after only 3 months, I'm 4 months out and still have issues) and adding raw hihh fiber foods will just irritate it furhter. It needs time to heal. If you need more fiber (I remember you had issues with constipation you, I think?) then a supplement might be best for now as you can control the dosage and it's easy on the guts. I'd remove the harsh foods from your diet and see if that helps calm things down. It might take a while for things to calm down if you've been eating a lot of it. And please stay away from cleanses or ask your doc before you do them so he can adise you because that's one of the worst things you can do to an inflamed, irritated digestive track.

NewLife
New User

Postby NewLife » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Thanks. I am avoiding salad and I cook the zucchini always. I see a nutritionist who started me out with instant oatmeal and now I am eating rolled oats per her recommendation. I think that has really helped with the constipation issue but maybe fiber supplements would be better. I don't have a probably with oatmeal...at least doesn't usually seem like it. She also told me to try the syntol AMD which contains probiotics, prebiotocs, enzymes and cleans out yeast I believe. I was told to try it for a week and if i had any discomfort after to stop taking it. But I don't really feel pain its more of an achy feeling and discomfort.

Aurora
New User

Re: Post c diff recovery?c

Postby Aurora » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:54 pm

I agree with Roy. I can eat just about anything now but high fiber is a no-go. Had steel-cut oats the other morning and it moved things along way too fast and wound up with D one time by the end of the day. Been fine since. I wonder about trying again in a few weeks to see if I can tolerate a smaller portion. I am learning that patience is vital with this illness.
Best wishes

NewLife
New User

Postby NewLife » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks for the response. I saw my GI doctor today and he didn't seem at all concerned. I asked for a test for sibo and my stool for yeast overgrowth but he felt it was not necessary at this time. He also feels I just need more time to heal. I hope the next time I see him things are better and that I can eat more. As for now I will continue on the low fodmap diet and hope for the best. Wish everyone the best!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”