And now a possible UTI

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Whyme111
Regular User

And now a possible UTI

Postby Whyme111 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm devastated. On Friday I started getting symptoms of a possible UTI. I went in to the Dr. and gave a sample which they are sending to the lab. He prescribed Macrobid and asked if I could hold off until Monday until the lab comes back, it would be best. I am doing just that. I'm so scared at this point. I'm 14 weeks post Vanco treatment and now another antibiotic!? I feel defeated at times. I'm trying so hard to conquer one problem, which literally takes every fiber of my being to keep on track whether it's emotionally, physically and psychologically. I was so nervous in the Dr's office due to the fear...any advise or encouragement is appreciated. Thanks.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: And now a possible UTI

Postby NanciT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:06 pm

I understand the frustration. I wanted to point out Vanco can cause bladder symptoms. If you check through the search bar, you will read it over and over.
They can feel like a UTI but can be an irritation from the Vanco. Make sure your doctor does a Culture/Sensitivities. If it is a UTI, several on the site have taken macrobid. It's wise to hold off until the culture is reported, which also is to verify which antibiotic works.

My problem did not start until AFTER I completed Vanco, no issues while on it. We have many on the site including myself have seen urologist when the issues became chronic. For others, it just went away.

If your testing is negative, there are medications they can try if symptoms persist.

Look up Oral Vancomycin side effects on Drugs.com It is listed there, many physicians are not aware of the bladder issues post Vanco

Hope your test is negative and you feel better soon!

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”