I was wondering

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I was wondering

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 am

I just read an article about bovine colostrum as a supplement. I remember my ID recommended it after my bout with c difficile. It is supposed to boost the immune system. You can "google" it and see if is something you might want to try. Ask your doctor. If you have D, then EnteraGam might be another product, but you need a prescription for it.

hoverup
New User

Postby hoverup » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm

I was wondering I have recently became allergic to yogurt and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what else I can do for probiotics. I currently am on florastor and have been for the past two years and was recommended to eat three yogurt a day up until today when I ended up at the hospital for allergic reaction to it. I was told to stop eating it and to call my GI doctor. I called but I’ve not heard back yet and am worried I may end back up with the c diff again. As most of you know I’ve been free of c diff since the end of October 2016. If I don’t eat yogurt will it come back? Sorry just worried about it. Can you get it again if you’ve not been reexposed to it? Or how does that work?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi hoverup. I became intolerant to yogurt and I take a small amount of VSL#3 in applesauce. I just take part of a capsule. I like that one because it has various strains of beneficial bacteria. There is also soy based yogurt you could try. One brand is Silk, but there are others too.

Kuro
Contributor

Postby Kuro » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:29 am

They said not that you were intolerant, but that you had an actual allergic reaction to the yogurt? That seems like an odd thing to just happen out of the blue after eating it for so long without issue.

Anyway. No, your CDIFF won't necessarily come back because you can't eat yogurt now. Lots of people here haven't used it in their regular diet, myself included (even if I thought I could tolerate it, which I couldn't before CDI, I find it gross!), and have avoided relapse. You are also two years out, so chances of spontaneous relapse without some other factor - antibiotic use, PPI use, illness, etc - would be very rare.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am

I too have intolerance to kefir or yogurt , it gives me lots of gas and bloating and more frequency.If you cannot tolerate yogurt then don't eat it. If Cdiff want's to come back no yogurt or kefir known in this world will stop it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am

Agree with other mods - sound like IBS.
Try the other mods' suggestions, Cut back on the probiotics and prebiotics, cut out milk, eat small portions.
Many develop IBS after c diff, I am one.

You will recover, however. Hang in there, For pain relief, try an electric heating pad set on low., Curl up in a fetal position, and put the pad on your stomach.

Best of luck.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 am

I'm locking this thread as it reached it's limit. Be free to start another one.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”