C. difficile and pain ?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
YoungFn
New User

C. difficile and pain ?

Postby YoungFn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 pm

I’m new here and I didn’t know what group to put this in, but I was wondering if you guys still had abdominal/side pain when you were on your medication after 5 days ?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C. difficile and pain ?

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Many people have pain during treatment and even afterwards. Your colon has been traumatized. It takes a while for it to heal. If the pains start getting worse rather than better or staying the same, then let your doctor know, but this is something I experienced too and from reading other posts, so have many others. Always check with your doctor if you have concerns though.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Yes, I had alot of abdominal pain while taking the medications and after the medications. I used a heating pad which really helped and kept a very bland diet.
If you find the pain get's worse, check in with your GI. Some of the medications like Dificid can cause abdominal pain.

Hope you are feeling better soon
NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:40 pm

I, too, had pain and found a sleeping pad (auto shutoff) set on low helpful.

Best of luck.

jb03
Brand New Poster

Postby jb03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am

my first postive cdiff was in June. 2017 after surgery in may of 2017. For about 2.5 weeks before finding out i had cdiff i was having Very bad in my lower left quad, almost on or right under my hip bone. the pain stand during whole infection, and a few weeks after infection. i was clear of cdiff Aug. 2017.....Sept 2017 the pain was back and so was the Cdiff. the second time with cdiff the pain lasted much longer after treatment and testing neg.

allenb
Contributor

Postby allenb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm sorry to tell you this but I have tested positive for cdiff four times in the past two years and have had pain in my lower left abdomen every day. However I take percocet for horrible sciatica which I know is very bad for the digestive system. From other posts most other people's pain has gone away when the infection is gone. For me it's a daily struggle between taking something for my sciatica and the long term effect of the percocet. Hopefully you won't have this problem. Larry.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”