Fmt capsules

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
allenb
Contributor

Fmt capsules

Postby allenb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:00 pm

First, thank you to everyone one this group. You have been an unbelievable amount of support and knowledge. I am waiting to see if I have cdiff for the third time. But my question is does anyone know where to get fmt capsules? Has anyone had success with them? Are they as successful as the fmt? Your input and advice is appreciated. Thank you. Larry.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fmt capsules

Postby NanciT » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi Larry

The only place I know of that has these is in Oregon. You can Google FMT capsules and it comes up with their fee schedule and an explanation they are considered experimental and not approved by the FDA to date. You can also search the site, I though a few years ago we may have had a poster try them but it's been awhile.
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 am

I think you can have FMT capsules from Openbiome or there are several doctors that make those like : Dr.Shepard form RDS infusion or Dr.Louie from Canada. There was a poster who had success with them you can search the story , I think is in the Success stories.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:05 am

OpenBiome does have them now. There are many facilities that use OpenBiome, but I don't know how many use the capsules. You can call OpenBiome and ask if there is a doctor near you.

allenb
Contributor

Postby allenb » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:24 am

Thanks again. You guys are wonderful. Anyone use the capsules?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”