Infections - Sinus, pneumonia, ear, strep

Organized Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Only Moderators may post here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Infections - Sinus, pneumonia, ear, strep

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:14 pm

By Tonja 7/24/15
I am feeling considerably better today. The sore throat lifted yesterday about 4:00...I think it's one of those "off and on" type of things. I toughed it out last night and did my one mile run and got up and worked out this morning. It actually seemed to help. I'm only doing that because I adhere to a few "rules":
1) No fever.
2) It's from the neck up with no difficulty breathing.
3) My energy level was okay. (If I don't feel up to it, I don't do it.)
I'm also making sure to get to bed and get a full night's sleep and drinking lots of water.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 pm

If the doctor -or you - suspect pneumonia - a chest x-ray and sputum culture can be helpful. The sputum culture can indicate if the infection is viral or bacterial.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Ril
Btw, I did pick up another couple of things to try that I didn't know.
My ENT told me if you add some betadine to the the saline solution for nasal irrigation it acts as an Abx would in the sense that it is an antiseptic. He said 4-5 drops/liter water but I found another ENT website on line that said 2 tsp/liter so I used app 1 tsp. And my endontist told me about another additive for nasal irrigations, xylitol, that I bought in health food stores. (I had him check me because the pressure on my teeth was so bad I wanted to make sure that was ok- my dentist tried to prescribe Abx too at the start of all this!
Ril

EDITOR'S NOTE:

My ENT told me to add gentamicin to saline solution. It is an antibiotic but not implicated with c diff. It worked for me. Can't remember amounts - will try to find. Had forgotten about this until I read Ril's post.

Return to “CDI - C. diff. Info. All You Want to Know and More”