Hygiene Tips

Organized Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Only Moderators may post here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Hygiene Tips

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm

CLEANING SURFACES AND CLOTHES

Clean your bathroom, light switch plates, and kitchen counter tops with a mixture of one of the stronger bleaches (see hyperlink) and water: l pt. bleach to 9 pts. water. Wash your towels and sheets in hot water and bleach; also your under pants if you wish. Buy white towels, sheets, and underwear to prevent ruining them. (I ruined many lovely towels and sheets.) You can use the bleach mixture on any other service that comes in touch with feces.

http://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/ne ... ation.aspx

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Hygiene Tips cleaning nails

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:56 am

From Skippy,

Hello. I am brand new to this site, but feel I can offer a good tip for nail hygiene. My Mom is a retired LPN who worked solely in geriatric long-term care. I worked as a CNA in geriatric care for a few years and found this tip to be a blessing. Put a denture tablet in a small basin of warm water, soak hands for a few moments, dry hands, and use a disposable orange-stick to clean under nails. It works amazingly well!. Good luck to you and your mother during her recovery.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 am

Towels

For easier disinfection, buy white towels. Bleach and hot water won't ruin them. Costco has some at a good price.

Return to “CDI - C. diff. Info. All You Want to Know and More”