Animals & C. diff.

Organized Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Only Moderators may post here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Animals & C. diff.

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Contrary to previous belief, animals can carry C. diff. Sheila provided info. about testing for animals.

Most schools of vet medicine will test. Google for the one nearest to you. Kansas State Univ. College of Vet Medicine has a good reputation. Tests are usually much cheaper on animals.
Last edited by Bobbie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updating

Bobbie
Administrator

Vaccine for Horses

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Animals & C. diff.

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

Sarah contributed this. Thx. saraht.

Sent: Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 pm
To: Bobbie

Hey Bobbie,
I was reading through the CDI c-diff board and was reading on the post about animals, and cdiff. I was wondering if you could add that animals can get c.diff from us. When I had it the first time, the GI was in disbelief when I told him then my dog had gotten cdiff twice from me due to my husband leaving the toilet seat open, and my big dog drinking out of it. He finally learned after the second trip to the vet, and taking our poor baby out to use the bathroom constantly to leave the lid down. Thank goodness Flagyl worked both times for him, and right away! Since I have c.diff again, its a house rule to leave all toilet lids down, and bleach the toilets once a week!
I know people love their animals like I love mine, and want to keep them healthy, and safe!

Return to “CDI - C. diff. Info. All You Want to Know and More”