Low grade fever after FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Claudia8
New User

Low grade fever after FMT

Postby Claudia8 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Hi! After months of battling c diff with vanco and Dificid with no success, I was able to have an FMT done 2 days ago. My bloat has gone away, my stools are soft yet formed but I do have a low grade fever ranging from 99.1 to 100.4. Has anyone had this side affect? I read that transient fever is a side affect but the ID doctor called me back and was baffled as he said none of this other patients had fever post procedure and thinks it’s something unrelated causing it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Low grade fever after FMT

Postby beth22 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:37 pm

That happened to me after my second FMT, but the fever only lasted a day or two and at that time the doctor thought I might have picked up a cold, as it was in February. It could have been - I think I had a little bit of a runny nose, but I am not sure. If you are not having GI issues it could be unrelated to the FMT.

Claudia8
New User

Postby Claudia8 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:59 pm

beth22 wrote:
> That happened to me after my second FMT, but the fever only lasted a day or
> two and at that time the doctor thought I might have picked up a cold, as
> it was in February. It could have been - I think I had a little bit of a
> runny nose, but I am not sure. If you are not having GI issues it could be
> unrelated to the FMT.

Thank you Beth for your quick reply. The ID thinks I might have caught a bug and as of midday My throat feels a little sore. Hoping this is all it is, as I’ve been more than eager to get the FMT done and move on with my life.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:11 am

I know there are viruses going around. My daughter just had one this week and my grandson before her and some other people I know. One friend had a pacemaker put in and developed a fever and it turned out to be a sore throat and congestion. He was relieved, so yours might be a bug too.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sat May 21, 2022 8:09 am

I too felt quite rough for a few days after; I didn’t have a temperature but did not feel well. Could even be your immune system reacting to new bacteria. Give it time and look forward to hopefully being C Diff free.

Claudia8
New User

Postby Claudia8 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:05 pm

beth22 wrote:
> I know there are viruses going around. My daughter just had one this week
> and my grandson before her and some other people I know. One friend had a
> pacemaker put in and developed a fever and it turned out to be a sore
> throat and congestion. He was relieved, so yours might be a bug too.

Thank you for your support. I’ve been dealing with c diff for 7 months now, I got it after I delivered from a uterine infection. It has been the saddest, most stressful time in my life. To have a newborn, sleepless nights, and deal with c diff at the same time has been beyond challenging, physically, emotionally, mentally! This discussion board has answered so many of my questions when doctors could not/ did not know enough to give me any guidance. So I thank you again for all this support you offer to everyone forever changed from this infection

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 22, 2022 1:24 am

Glad you found some support. Keep us updated on how you do. Remember that recovery can be slow. Sometimes you take a few steps forward and then have a few rough days, but hopefully it will keep getting better and better and you can enjoy your time with the baby!

Return to “FMT Discussion”