FMT (s) 4 years ago- curious

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
linnyg
Contributor

FMT (s) 4 years ago- curious

Postby linnyg » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Any long-time ago FMT people here? Curious to see how you are doing now.

I had c diff for almost 9 months 4 years ago. Did ALL the meds, including several rounds of Dificid. THE first FMT (colonoscopy delivery) was with a known donor, I was ok for almost 7 weeks. Did another 3 weeks of Dificid, then did another hospital FMT using Openbiome.

I have had a few scares and had a c diff test about a year ago, and it was nothing. (of course, any symptoms I had were gone once I took the test, lol)

I am not the same (gut-wise) as I was before I ever contracted c diff, and sometimes my IBS is terrible. I've tried changing my diet, and nothing really helps. I'm resigned to the fact that this just might be how I am now. On a happy note, my severe anxiety from that experience has gone away. That was rough. ;) It actually helped me with any covid anxiety that might have settled in, because once you have had c diff, you KNOW how to sanitize.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT (s) 4 years ago- curious

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 am

I am the same way as you. My gut health has never been the same since I had c difficile and I got it in 2008 the first time. I guess it will never be the same. If I stick to the things that I can eat, then I do pretty well. But, I still don't eat salads or raw vegetables or fruit. I miss my food!

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 am

Yeah. I had been able to eat salads at about the 9-month post-FMT mark. Rarely can I get away with that, now. I guess being alive is a great thing, but dang, lol. I miss sooo many foods. And lactose! Cannot handle it AT ALL now.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:38 am

I had an FMT 7 months ago and still having problems, I haven't been able to eat daily or raw veggies. I haven't had any alcoholic drink in one year and afraid to try it. That said, can you tolerate alcohol?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:16 pm

I have never been a big drinker, but have had the occasional glass of wine. It doesn't seem to bother me that much.

Muffie
Brand New Poster

Postby Muffie » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 am

Your comment “we know how to clean” cracked me up. That’s for sure. Gloves, constant hand washing, bleach, and elbow grease. Pandemic experts got nothing on us.

Had my FMT coming up on four years ago. Had some rocky periods along the way. Right now I have a bladder infection so am starting dreaded antibiotics. Don’t have much choice. Fingers crossed.

I’ve had this for two weeks and had three different doctors try to give me antibiotics without a positive urinalysis. Finally got a positive and they cultured the sample after I requested it. It’s amazing that doctors are not better educated about cDiff.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Good luck with the treatment. Good thing you asked for a culture so that you get the right antibiotic.

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:25 am

Good luck, Muffie!

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Muffie, hope all went well with taking antibiotics for the bladder infection?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “FMT Discussion”