FMT by Dr Ari Grinspan NYC

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

FMT by Dr Ari Grinspan NYC

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:33 pm

I was surprised; I didn't see any references to Dr. Grinspan on this site. Here is his presentation on FMT; he has extensive experience with FMT in NYC and a 95% success rate. He combines the upper GI FMT with the Colonoscopy. Based on the UCSD, when combining the two methods, the success rate is 100%!!!!

Following is a very informative presentation to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LtXIiy ... tion=share

Following is the link to the UCSD presentation by Dr. Copur where she compares the success rate of different FMT methods on page 20. As mentioned above she states the Upper GI tract combined with the Colonoscopy has a 100% success rate.

https://health.ucsd.edu/medinfo/nursing ... ion%20.pdf

It is kind of ironic. I have read this doc several times before but never looked at the name of the author until today and noticed it is the same Dr. that is doing my FTM next week..
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

DaveMal
New User

Re: FMT by Dr Ari Grinspan NYC

Postby DaveMal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Nice to know your doctor is experienced. Hopefully they come through for you next week. How are you feeling today, Ali-Mar?

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks Dave, physically I am feeling much better, I started feeling better yesterday when I completed full 4 days of Dificid.

However mentally, I am looking forward to FMT, but at the same time I am very anxious, and worry a lot that it might not work. Therefore, I am constantly trying to develop a backup plan, plan.
I took this week and next week off and have been calling Naturopathic in my area trying to find ND that will administrate the FMT pills or will screen donor for enema and provide education on enema etc. Dr. Mark Davis in Bathasda MD does that, he is Naturopathic Dr. I sent an email to him hoping he can recommend a colleague of his in San Diego. He goes through San Diego to Baja California, México attending FMT retreats often, I thought he might know someone.

here is info on the FMT retreat across the border form San Diego, in case
https://fmtsolution.com/#retreat

Ali
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Always ask doc if he/she has a waiting list and ask to be be on it. Also,ask if it would help if you called ever pay Day/two days/week.

I have talked my way into seeing several busy docs.

lvg
New User

Postby lvg » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:08 am

Ali, how are you doing? He performed my fmt and is such a great doctor.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Ivg, that is great and good luck. I read about him he has many good reviews. I had my FTM done at UCSD on Jul 14, 2020. I am improved a lot but I still struggling with PI IPS

lvg
New User

Postby lvg » Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 am

thanks, Ali! I must have read that wrong and thought he did yours also...glad you are improved and hoping you are soon back to 100%

Return to “FMT Discussion”