4 Days post FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Mmm
New User

4 Days post FMT

Postby Mmm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Today is day 4 post FMT. We went out of state to a doctor who allowed myself to ‘bring my own donor’ - my husband - who they screened. Where we live they only use OpenBiome and I was more comfortable and felt better about my husband.

I’ve had D 2-3x a day since day 2. I’m not so much worried yet as I know it’s not cdiff D but I guess I assumed everything would go back to normal quickly. I haven’t had a regular bm in 17 months.

Food wise I was only given the instructions for the day after procedure - but we went camping which including not the most bland food and alcohol.

I don’t know how long to give it until they deem it a failure or success. Has anyone done a DIY after a medical colonoscopy FMT? Thanks.

roy
Administrator

Re: 4 Days post FMT

Postby roy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Sorry if this is unsympathetic but someone who goes camping and drinks alcohol directly after an FMT for c.diff needs their head testing!
Its total madness to abuse your system like that.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 pm

I would definitely stay away from alcohol as that will only irritate your colon. It is not unusual to have D after FMT. It takes your a while, sometimes a long while, to settle down. I have done my own enemas post FMT because my doctor told me to do so. I have also done them after taking antibiotics.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 am

Alcohol , sweet treats , fast food , excess fiber will cause a lot of irritation in your gut . You have just received the FMt , that starter culture they put in needs to multiply and grow and a irritated gut won't help it. Eat within reason and definitely DO NOT touch alcohol.

Return to “FMT Discussion”