Nasojejunal FMT?

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
KFM
New User

Nasojejunal FMT?

Postby KFM » Sun May 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi there,
So I'm 2 months into my cdiff journey (2 weeks on Vanco - relapse after 3 days - then 2 more weeks on Vanco withe taper - relapse during taper - then 10 days on dificid.) I am one week now post Dificid (feel crappy but no obvious cdiff symptoms) and considering a FMT if I should relapse again. The ID person I was referred to only does nasojejunal FMT (this is like NG but tube goes into small intestine, not stomach). I've heard mixed things. Id love to hear thoughts on this. I'm hoping for the best but also wanting to prepare if I have to go in this direction. (I could possibly do another round of Dificid also but insurance is denying me the drug and getting enough for a taper would be super costly.)

Thank you!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Nasojejunal FMT?

Postby georgina » Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 am

I had a top down FMT and it didn't cure me , although it was done with a nasogastric tube , not jejunal. The gold standard is the colonoscopy FMT , has the highest rate of succes, so maybe you can search for other doctors in your area that are doing that. There is also the risk of developing SIBO with this method.

KFM
New User

Re: Nasojejunal FMT?

Postby KFM » Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks!

Return to “FMT Discussion”