FMT FAILURE QUESTIONS???

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
CDnotME
New User

FMT FAILURE QUESTIONS???

Postby CDnotME » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 pm

For those of you who have had a failed FMT, how long after the procedure did it fail and was the failure d/t antibiotics???

OCTOBER 18th will be the three month mark for me. So far I have IBS like symptoms (rotating C then D, different colored stools than before FMT sometimes kind of brownish yellow, and my stool smells different than before the FMT). However I have been told this is all to be expected and I could deal with post infectious IBS until my colon completely heals.

Just looking for some hope. I feel like 3 months is a great thing! Just hoping I’m not being too ambitious.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT FAILURE QUESTIONS???

Postby NanciT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 am

Sorry for the lack of response. I did not have an FMT but there are many on the site who have. As far as IBS, it is very typical post CDIFF. It takes time for the gut to heal and settle down. Posters often write things can be "all over the place" post FMT.

Give yourself time, if the IBS gets difficult, see your GI. There are medications that can help

3 Months is excellent!!

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT FAILURE QUESTIONS???

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 am

I had a FMT at the end of July and since then i had more bad days then good days ,despite diet and everything , my gut is messed up and i guess it something that i have to deal with for the rest of my life. IBS is not fun but nowhere near as bad as active Cdiff .

Return to “FMT Discussion”