5 weeks post fmt

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Bel61
New User

5 weeks post fmt

Postby Bel61 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 am

I would like to know if there is anyone else on this board that had completely green colored stools this far out from their fmt?
I still have the abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and can't eat much. I do not have diarrhea, but very soft movements. I had to take macrobid for the terrible uti the day after the transplant and tested toxin positive approximately 10 days after fmt when I was hospitalized for severe abdominal pain.
I am only having one to two bm's per day but the color is still dark green with a strong smell. I have read hundreds of posts on this site and know that stool color can be all over the place but mine have never been even close to the normal after the fmt, just the same green. I still have so many of the c diff symptoms that I wonder what I need to be doing at this point. I never had diarrhea when I was was diagnosed anyway and am getting really fed up with feeling this bad even though I am not having the classic diarrhea. I have been thinking PI IBS but don't know at this point. The abdominal pain is every day, all day as well as some severe bouts of nausea. I also realize that ibs can be a daily occurrence for some. I am quite concerned that the color of my stool has not changed one iota since the transplant and wondered if there is anyone one here that has had a similar experience. I don't want to overtreat but wonder if I would feel better if I did treat again. I am going to turn in a stool sample on Monday for other pathogens but it will also test for c diff toxins. I know I can become colonized but these symptoms are causing a disruption in my life.
I am going to start acupuncture on Monday for the abdominal pain and possible slow gastric emptying so will see if that gives any relief. I hope someone on here will let me know their experience with this.

Best Regards To All,
Billie

Bel61
New User

Re: 5 weeks post fmt

Postby Bel61 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 am

I also forgot to add to my above post that the black flecks are present again in my stool as well. Also the burning every time with a bm which has happened since the transplant.

Billie

Return to “FMT Discussion”