6 weeks out and curious about cravings and weight loss

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Risible
New User

6 weeks out and curious about cravings and weight loss

Postby Risible » Fri May 11, 2018 11:14 am

Hi all!
First, I’m beyond thrilled at my FMT results, even though I was off to a rough start initially.

This is so silly, but I’m curious about others’ experiences.

First, I crave guacamole ever since I started getting my appetite back. My adult kids tease me asking if I’m still being held hostage by guacamole. I eat it literally every day.

Second, I’ve *always* struggled with weight issues (I’m 58). I lost 30 lbs during the c-diff months. I expected that it would creep back after I felt well, but it’s starting to go down again after an initial bump of weight gain. I’m now down 35 lbs. I still have 15-20 lbs to ‘average’ weight.

I don’t have D very often, eat what I feel like, and feel pretty good. I am happy that the weight loss seems to be effortless, but it’s so WEIRD. I’ve never been able to lose weight without really hard work.

Have any other overweight folks experienced this effortless weight loss after FMT?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 6 weeks out and curious about cravings and weight loss

Postby beth22 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:58 am

I was not overweight to begin with, but after FMT I lost even more. My doctor said that part of what c difficile does is it causes malabsorption and so you don't really get all the benefits of the foods you eat - vitamins, minerals, etc. Perhaps calories too. It took me a long time to gain back my weight. Unless you don't feel well, I would not worry about it.

Risible
New User

Re: 6 weeks out and curious about cravings and weight loss

Postby Risible » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

I wasn’t worried, because I feel really good! I was just more curious about it.

Thanks for the reply Beth. I hadn’t thought about it being a malabsorption thing. Might explain the cravings

Return to “FMT Discussion”