Mucous 7.5 weeks after FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Zizel
New User

Mucous 7.5 weeks after FMT

Postby Zizel » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi all I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced these symptoms after their FMT. For the past 7-8 weeks I’ve been eating relatively plain and gluten free and also found out I’m pregnant with our first kid. Most days everything has been okay and I had a test done after a bad day recently that was thankfully negative.... but this weekend I was being dumb and decided to have terakyi wings (completely 180 food wise) I was fine for a few hours after and only had one episode of softer stool, but this morning had a bowel that was mainly just mucous.... my stomach has also been rumbling pretty nonstop this has been freaking me out and I wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues after a food that did not agree with them??
Prior to the FMT I had done 3 round of vanco and had had Cdiff for about a month without a diagnosis.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Mucous 7.5 weeks after FMT

Postby Lid49 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi,
It may very well be ibs, food intolerance, after cdiff your intestines are more sensitive. If it is Ibs it will go in few days.
I still have a lot of food intolerance. Hanging in there.
Lidia.

Zizel
New User

Postby Zizel » Wed May 02, 2018 9:37 am

Hi Lidia... I have on question that’s a little tmi but whenever you had something that messed with your stomach did mucus appear for a while? It’s definitey getting better but there is still just a lot of it. I have never dealt with ibs prior to this so I have no clue how long that stuff can hang around for and have been eating bland since it occurred.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:15 am

Yes, I have days like that , recently I add fiber metamucil and my colon did not like it, mucus and pain a lot.
Hanging in there, if no D. Do not test.

Zizel
New User

Postby Zizel » Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 am

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it!! I’m really hoping this will soon all just be in the past! It’s so hard not to worry over every different bowel/stomach ache.

Mombha
Brand New Poster

Postby Mombha » Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Hello I have battled c-diff for 3 years now I couldn't get an fmt until my heart was ready. I had my fmt colonoscopy May. 3rd I was OK after and a few more days after then I had bad bowel movement so I got tested it was negative. Now I am suffering from bad abdominal pain to where it hurts so bad I ball up In bed and cry last night I didn't go to sleep until 4am and had wake up at :5:30 now today I felt OK not my best now I am In serve pain
I don't know if this is normal I have talked to the doctor and he said no one has hurt like this after fmt

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 am

Hello Mombha and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters. Has your doctor tested you for anything else besides c difficile? Many people get PI-IBS and that can cause pain and other symptoms. Perhaps your doctor can prescribe something for you to alleviate the symptoms or at least lessen them. Some take antispasmodics, others fiber supplements. You should discuss this with the doctor to see. If you feel that he/she is no help, then get a second opinion.

Return to “FMT Discussion”