Re: Update fmt

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
bamasue
Brand New Poster

Postby bamasue » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi, This is my first post. I admit up front that I'm discouraged. My first positive was 01/03/09. I got my 34th positive yesterday. I've had three FMT and waiting on the fourth. I have so much for which to be thankful and my precious husband is number one. He is my hero and rock. However, I'm tired of this stuff. I've been in hospital since Monday. Would love some feedback on treatment ideas.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:22 pm

What are the symptoms that prompt you to test so often?

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi, tell us wath type of Fmt you have , uper, colonoscopy, if you have other complication like Imunitary disease.
I wish you good recovery with the forth Fmt,
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first forum for all new posters

I don't know if I have heard of anyone having CDIFF for 9 long years....that is horrible. 34 tests, that is also unusual. I was only tested during the initial diagnosis. Most GI's or ID's don't test and treat by symptoms. I wonder if you were cured at some point and reinfected?
Have you considered a Dificid taper? If it were me, that is what I would be looking in to. I don't know if you have had a 2nd or 3rd opinion but I would consider that also after this long time suffering with this illness.
Sorry you had to find us and have been going through this
NanciT

Return to “FMT Discussion”