10 days after FMT and being told I need to retest again

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

10 days after FMT and being told I need to retest again

Postby MrsM25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 pm

It has been 10 days since my FMT and I’ve been having complications off and on very much like a relapse ever since. Still have yet to have a formed bowel movement. I called the on call doctor this evening after experiencing diarrhea with M and abdominal cramping again (serveral times over an hour before I called) and he said it’s time to get tested again. I feel so scared to test and what the results will be. I feel like I’m having a complete meltdown tonight. I can’t stop crying. I feel like I’ve hit the bottom of the barrel and I feel so defeated. If this test comes back positive, I will just be devastated. It literally feels like there is no end in sight.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 10 days after FMT and being told I need to retest again

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 pm

But, if it comes back negative, that may give you some relief.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 pm

I am praying it is negative. If it’s negative, I don’t know what I can do for these symptoms though. It’s literally impossible to function when this is happening.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am

If , GOD forbid the test is positive you can ask to get another FMT , sometimes more then one FMT is needed to get well , but if your test is negative you have several options to treat the bowel issues :antispasmodics , binding agents like Questran or Enteragam , tryciclic antidepressants like Ametryptiline , you just have to discuss with your doctor what is the best treatment option for you. Also it will be a good idea to get more tests done : for SIBO , IBD , other pathogens , food allergies .

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 am

Well, again, it stopped now. I slept with my heating pad and I seem good so far this morning. I feel like if it were cdiff, it wouldn’t stop but I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s snowing here today so I hate to go out in the weather with my kids if I don’t have to. My husband had to go to work this morning. My dad called me and said he would go out for me if I need him to. I’ve heard a lot about this peppermint tea. Do you think I can try it for these symptoms in the meantime? What about a fiber supplement like Metamucil or benefiber? I plan on getting the cdiff test done that they are telling me to do but I have a feeling now today again I won’t go to the bathroom. This happened 2 days ago. This is all so confusing and it messes with you mentally. My GI office hasn’t called me yet but I’m sure they will at some point today because the on call doctor said that he would tell them to send for a retest today.

Return to “FMT Discussion”