Past 8 weeks

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Past 8 weeks

Postby Lid49 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am

Well last night and today in the morning was very bad pain gas , cramps, tenesmus 4 times , very soft BM. I think I will test which I hate to do that.
I'm lost and scared .
lidia.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: Past 8 weeks

Postby MKW » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Lidia, when I had my FMT done there was another poster on here (TSC1964?) that had hers done the same week as me. She experienced very similar symptoms to you for weeks. She finally decided to get tested and tested negative. I think it would help you to know one way or the other at this point, if your doctor agrees to it. I swear the worst part of being a recurrent sufferer is the wait and see part, the never knowing if you are ok or not, it’s enough to drive a person crazy! I have ibs, and when I have an attack it’s just like c Diff starting. So every time it happens no matter how much time goes by I fear C Diff. I finally went on klonopin about 6 months after my FMT and it has helped.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Well I wish to test but my I'D Dr. Do not agree , if no D no test. Bentyl is not helping. Burning and pain are so bad today.
Thank you for responding.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:36 am

Maybe is just a "off" day Lidia , as you probably know they will still happen from time to time. As long as it's not frequent D you are recovering . If pain can't be controlled with bentyl you can ask for other antispasmodics and also you can use a heating pad. A cup of peppermint tea can also help with gut spasm.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 am

Hopefully still IBS,
After how many weeks from FMT can I consider myself to be on the safe zone?
Thank you , Lidia.

Return to “FMT Discussion”