FMT 2 days ago, low grade fever and D

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

FMT 2 days ago, low grade fever and D

Postby MrsM25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Ok, so my FMT was 2 days ago. I haven’t had a formed bowel movement yet. I’m starting to get that familiar smell and some mucus. I also have been experiencing abdominal pain with the movements. I was told to except colitis like symptoms following the procedure by my doctor but now, I have a 99.2 F temp. This is always how my relapses start. Trying to stay calm but I’m starting to get nervous. Is this normal after FMT?

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: FMT 2 days ago, low grade fever and D

Postby MKW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi, I just responded to another post you had made about smell. However, having a low grade fever is not normal from what I know or have seen other FMT people experience. So, you should report that to your doctor. I’m just a fellow sufferer and have no medical training etc. But keep in mind, there are lots of illnesses going around, and you were just in a medical facility to have this procedure done. Make sure you are well hydrated also. ... so sorry you are having abnormal symptoms and having to go through that psychologically. I am 46, and my ordeal with C Diff has been the most trying and difficult ordeal of my life. Hang in there, the hardest part is the wait and see aspect.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Re: FMT 2 days ago, low grade fever and D

Postby MrsM25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:14 pm

I called the on call doctor who is actually my GI’s father. He is the head of the practice and he is the first doctor in my area to ever do FMT. He told me that these things have been noted before and he said he wants me to just wait it out a little bit. He told me not to take anything for the temp and to just monitor it. He said they’ve had 95-98% success so he’s hopeful. He said that in time hopefully these things subside. He said if I’m feeling worse, call the office tomorrow.

Return to “FMT Discussion”