Re: Update fmt7 weeks

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 pm

In 2 days will be 8 weeks after Fmt , very bad cramps, bentyl is not helping, no D yet soft.
Psychologically it is hard, first FMT I failed at 7 weeks. I do not know how to cope with this. Praying and hoping.
Lidia

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:38 pm

I know for myself, I needed to go on medication due to the severe anxiety having c diff for so long gave me. It really does take months for most people to feel normal and/or have normal BM's after FMT. Anxiety alone can give us "off" bm's.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi Lidia, good to hear you are still OK.
I remember I marked my calendar on my phone with”I’m FREE” on the day that was 8 weeks after my FMT.
I told my self I would quit worrying after that.
I didn’t. I think it was about 14 weeks when I let myself quit being terrified. I still have IBS, and still sometimes worry it’s c Diff. I also take klonopin, an anti anxiety med.
My worst fear was that I was THE hopeless case. That I would be that rare person that never got better.
I think you need to tell yourself that you made it seven weeks last time, you are that far along this time... your body is healing during this time. I know you may not feel like it, but it is. There have been people who have required more than two FMT’s and a few cases I have read that have done the pills and colonoscopy at the same time and it has worked.
If you pray, and have spiritual beliefs this was an important thing for me and the only thing that kept me sane. I tried to focus as much as I could on the fact that I am not just my body, my sick gross body. We can’t lose ourselves in this gross degrading infection. Remember who you are is your soul, and your soul is eternal. Your soul is OK, even if your body is sick. ... just keep doing everything you can to up your chances of making it out of this each day. :-)

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 am

Thank you all, I do have hope, and taking antidepressant medication, I do pray and believe that will came a day free of this nasty disease. My body is tired and depleted , my kidneys suffer. Having this group of people is a blessing for me.
Thank you.

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 am

This illness takes a lot out of us- not just when we are sick, but also when we are recovering. Im hoping you will start having more good days than bad! Its a long process, this healing, hang in there!

Return to “FMT Discussion”