Update fmt

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Update fmt

Postby Lid49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 am

Past 4 weeks Second Fmt,
For the last 4 days gas, Pain going 2 to 3 times mushy aBM. Not watery D. Do i need to test, please i need help advice.
Thank you

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update fmt

Postby NanciT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

With your history always check in with your GI. If I were reading this on the site from a poster who had an FMT, I would say no. But due to all of your complications, you may want to talk with the GI about other GI issues. Pain going could be something like a fissure. This does NOT sound like CDIFF and although I never had an FMT, we all know it can take time for people to recover from FMT.
Some do great right away, others can have IBS issues etc. Give them a call, you have been through a lot

Take Care

NanciT

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Sorry it may sound stupid fisure ?
The Dr test only if it is watery diharia, thank you for responding.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm

The gas and BMs you describe can be typical post FMT, but pain can be of concern. If the pain moves around it is most likely gas and ibs cramping, but if you have pain only in one location, or only rectal/anal pain I would report that to the doctor.
Usually C Diff infection is progressive. If your symptoms fluctuate over days and you get better then worse, this isn’t C Diff recurrence. Once those bad guys start over reproducing and kicking out toxins, your body progressively reacts with increasing diarrhea.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm

A fissure is a cut or tear.
Only watery D indicates a relapse, you have a wise Dr!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok my BM are not that form ,soft like mushy , not watery diharea, so I guess it is still ok.
Thank you. Changing the consistency for for days was avery scary .
Thank you all. I have a very strict diet and I was very scared.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Of course you are scared! C Diff is terrifying and unpredictable. You actually sound like you are coping fairly well to me considering;-) everyone here understands the fear and anxiety. That’s why this board is such a help. Try to hang in there and stay positive. You are already past the time period the majority of people recur after FMT. I have seen a few on here that recurred between 4-8 weeks, but only a few.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:46 pm

MKW
I did relapse from my first FMT on week 7. Thank you so much for taking the time to answered to me. I do not want to test, only if watery diharea is present.
Lidia.

Return to “FMT Discussion”