FMT Thursday

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Napper
Regular User

FMT Thursday

Postby Napper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm

I saw my GI Dr. on Monday and it's been decided that we are going through with the FMT this Thursday. I wasn't expecting it to be so quick. Butc I'm ready. The prep is going to be the worse. I'm already dehydrated, to add just fluids all day tomorrow plus cleanse, I'll be very dehydrated. My procedure isn't until 4:30. So I can go in early and get connected to the IV to get fluids in me. Then wait for the procerdure. I'm a little worried, but also glad to be on the road to feeling beeter.
Wish me luck!!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT Thursday

Postby NanciT » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

Wishing you the BEST!! Hang in there, almost done! Remember it can also take some time to recover but hopefully you will be feeling much better soon!

NanciT

Napper
Regular User

Postby Napper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you! I was hoping I would be better immediately. Right now I'm suffering through the prep. He does a split dose, which means another one in the morning. I don't think I can handle another one. There's nothing left to come out.

FrankS
Regular User

Postby FrankS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 pm

I was instructed to drink a full glass of water after each split of the prep to stay hydrated. It was good advice.

Napper
Regular User

Postby Napper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Frank s, yes, I was told to drink 2 16 oz door of water after each prep.
I'm starting to get nervous. How long is the procedure? And how long before you had to go to the bathroom afterwards?

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Napper, I did the split dose prep myself and remember seriously dreading the second dose. I was so afraid I would just vomit it up and then not be able to go through with the procedure.
Hope your procedure goes well! Where is it performed?
I took immodium following but not before mine.
I did NOT hold it in long, less than thirty minutes after waking from what I recall. but it still worked.
Once the immodium kicked in I did not have a BM for a few days. Keep us posted on how you are doing :-)

Napper
Regular User

Postby Napper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I took my 2nd dose at 10 am. Very nauseous and have been going since. Trying to be done so I can take my shower and get to the hospital. My procedure isn't until 4:30, have to be there by 3. but they said I could come in sooner to get hydrated and hopefully give me something for the nausea.
It's being done at Loudoun Hospital in Landsdowne VA. I admit I'm very worried. I never thought something like this would happen to me. I've had so many other things happen, Loss of a kidney due to Staph, gallbladder, appendix, knee replacement, knuckle replacement, hysterectomy, etc. But, this is horrendous!

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Once I was done with my prep I told myself - all you have to do is show up. Once you register at the facility, it’s all on the medical staff there. So just try to not overvthink it. If you just show up, there is a 85-90% chance this nightmare is going to be over :-)

Return to “FMT Discussion”