Familiar symtoms

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Familiar symtoms

Postby Lid49 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi again, 3 weeks Fmt, and all familiar symtoms are back, Pain cramps,urgency, gas, no D, yet but going 2 times a day soft. I call Mayo but Dr did not call back yet, not eating not feel hungry, I do take medication for depression and do the best to stay positive.
Question can I take bentyl for pain and cramps, I have it home , older prescription. Not having retest i was scared to take it.
I do not know wath eks to do, in my town there are only 2 clinics for FMT . I'm lost I think is cdiff is back but mayo will not let me test unless I have WD more then 3 times a day. I do realize Ibs may be also , but for 4 days?
Thank you. Lidia c.

roy
Administrator

Re: Familiar symtoms

Postby roy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Sounds like normal recovery, your Drs correct not to test.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 am

Lid , you need to consider the fact that FMT is not a magic cure and even though it was successful you can still be bothered by IBS. Try to get off the panic mode and stop obsessing over Cdiff. It's the most wonderful time of the year , go out , have fun , trim the tree , put out some lights , watch a movie , listen to music ,think of anything else but Cdiff , it will help with symptoms and you'll feel better. And yes , you doctor is right not to wanna retest you , no frequent D means no relapse.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 am

Lid,

Don't panic. Take the others' advice. It took months before FMT worked. Hang in there.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you I did, I want this to work. Thanks to all of you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm

You do need to give it time. Often after FMT or any other treatment symptoms can seem worse. My worse pain was after my Dificid taper. I felt the medication was harsh while on it for so long, but felt much worse when I finished it.

It has taken a long time, everyone is different but some recovery can take a long time. There are 3 times I have thought it was back in the last 3 years, happy to say it was not but it really did feel like it.

You need time to heal, take good care of yourself

NanciT

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:50 am

It really does take time- usually NOT just a few weeks. I am 8 months post my 2nd FMT. It took a good 4 months to really start feeling good. 6 months, and I could eat just about anything. I still find dairy difficult on occasion, but not every time. Its very hard to be patient, and very easy to panic. Hang in there!

Return to “FMT Discussion”