Failure second FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Failure second FMT

Postby Lid49 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Well I do not fell God today, cramps, burning, gas, goto the bathroom 3 times, no D. That was my hope to finish with dis ugly cdiff. I call the Dr , did not call back yet. I'm lost and scared.
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Failure second FMT

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Did you have the 2nd FMT? If so, it can take time. You just went through a prep and procedure, your GI should instruct you on diet he wants you to follow.
Hang in there, hopefully this is temporary
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:07 am

Do freak out when you are having a "off" day , stay calm , as long as D didn't hit you have nothing to worry about. As you know FMT is not a magic cure , you will still go trough the whole recovery process. Try to get help with the anxiety , anxiety will give you major IBS flares , controlling the anxiety will help your gut recover faster. For cramps you can use a heating pad or peppermint tea, it usually helps , or you can ask your doctor for antispasmodic medication. For gas you can try drinking 1-2 cups of fennel seed tea , it helped me very much when I was getting immensely bloated and gassy.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Lidia, after I had my FMT I had lots of crazy activity in my gut but no D. I mean noises, sensations, gas I've never experienced before. Some people have D, some people get C. Basically, you can have many varying symptoms but it still turn out and be a success. Make sure to eat prebiotic foods and fruits and vegetables to feed your new donor bacteria. Unless you end up with excessive D that is characteristic of C Diff, don't panic. Your symptoms don't mean it's not successful. Keep us posted on how you are doing! It is so scary I know. - Melanie

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you guys, it is not easy, having the second FMT you think of wath other option I have if I fail.
I still eat blend diet, not able to extend or introduce more food yet,
Thank you,all

Return to “FMT Discussion”